SolidWorks Technical Communication
Improve your technical communication with 3D product manufacturing information, automated creation of inspection documents and repurposing of design data for high quality graphics, illustrations, and interactive 3D.
Have your products ever been delayed because the documentation wasn’t ready? Or, have you ever lost out on a bid because your presentation materials weren’t compelling enough? You’re not alone. Instead of waiting until a project is done to get started, 3DVIA Composer lets you start creating documents almost as soon as the design process begins.
With 3DVIA Composer, you can seamlessly incorporate design changes directly into the product documentation to create up-to-date, accurate printed and interactive materials.
Before 3DVIA Composer, all changes to product data required time-consuming manual revisions of documentation. By using 3DVIA Composer, your entire organization can automate and integrate the documentation process. This not only reduces costs, but also improves the quality and consistency of all documentation that you create throughout the lifecycle of each product.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D legacy data, regardless of whether files are SOLIDWORKS, PDFs, or TIFFs.
- Quickly create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports with stand-alone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms
Model Based Definition (MBD)
SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards.
- Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
- Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-consume fashion.
- Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
- Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as eDrawings, 3D PDF and STP242.
- Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
- Share and archive 3D data directly to free up time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings.